Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 5541
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have followed this forum for answers and have tried all that have been suggested to others. I have removed the printer and all software countless times I reinstalled full software basic drivers, I have installed windows drivers only, I have tried HP smart software from ms store with no luck nothing seems to work.  The only difference being if i install HP software the option for changing from B/w - Grey scale - Colour is missing I checked the Advance section there is nothing there either, but if i remove the software and the install the printer with windows basic driver the option to print in B/w - Grey scale - Colour is present but defaults to B/w so I select Colour apply and print, you guessed it black and white.

Now there seems to be a lot of people with this problem so it not just me and its also telling me that unless you have a different answer than the ones I have tried above its time for a new printer also this problem for me and others is not new so it probably a different manufacturer need?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@English57 

Hello,

In order to solve this problem, configure a new port as follows:

1. Install the printer with the HP ENVY 5540 series Full Feature Softwares and Drivers .
  2. On the keyboard, press the Windows logo key and the R key simultaneously. The Run window opens.
  3. Type control printers, then press Enter. The Devices and Printers window opens.
  4. Right-click on your printer icon, then click on Printer properties, click on the Ports tab, and click on Add Port....
  5. Select Standard TCP/IP Port and click New Port....
  6. Click Next, then enter the printer's IP address (e.g. 192.168.1.97) in the Printer Name or IP Address field and click Next.
  7. Once the port is added, click Finish and close all windows.
  8. Try to print.

I remain at your disposal in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@English57 

Hello,

In order to solve this problem, configure a new port as follows:

1. Install the printer with the HP ENVY 5540 series Full Feature Softwares and Drivers .
  2. On the keyboard, press the Windows logo key and the R key simultaneously. The Run window opens.
  3. Type control printers, then press Enter. The Devices and Printers window opens.
  4. Right-click on your printer icon, then click on Printer properties, click on the Ports tab, and click on Add Port....
  5. Select Standard TCP/IP Port and click New Port....
  6. Click Next, then enter the printer's IP address (e.g. 192.168.1.97) in the Printer Name or IP Address field and click Next.
  7. Once the port is added, click Finish and close all windows.
  8. Try to print.

I remain at your disposal in case of need.

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

You are an absolute star my friend, thank you so much.

This work first time and was painless to do.

Thanks

Phil

HP Recommended

@English57 

Thanks for your return,

Congratulations!:Award_Gold:

I welcome you to the English HP community support.

Do not hesitate to contact us if needed

Best regards,🤠

HP Recommended

I tried this as well but still no change. No option anywhere to select black or colour. I've reinstalled it, downloaded new drivers etc etc Spent all afternoon on it. I need it for work.

HP Recommended

@F4A 

Hello,

This topic is already solved, so I invite you to open a new topic here, detailing your problem, in order to get the best help possible.

Thank you for your understanding.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.