Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet F2400 series all-in-one printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently went to print a document, it printed 2 pages then a paper jam occured. The printer is on but the Attention light keeps blinking every time I try to print anything. The light doesnt come on until I have something in queue to print, otherwise just the power light is on. I put paper in the tray and still nothing happens. I've tried cleaning the rollers in the back of the printer, same thing. I tried resetting it, nothing. I've basically tried everything I could to fix this problem. This is so frustrating and I really need to use my printer. Help please!!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@anna2642

Welcome to HP support community.

Remove any loose objects from the printer

1. Turn off the printer.

2. Disconnect the power cord and any cables from the rear of the printer.

WARNING: 

You must disconnect the power cord before you reach inside the HP printer to avoid risk of injuries or electric shock.

3. Remove the paper from the input tray.

4. Use a flashlight to check for any loose paper or objects in the input tray area, and then remove any paper or objects you find.

Figure : Checking the input tray area for loose objects

Checking the input tray area for loose objects
  5. Look down through the open input tray and find the paper pick rollers. You might need a flashlight to illuminate the area.

Figure : Example of the paper pick rollers

Location of the paper pick rollers
  6. Use your fingers to move the pick mechanism located inside the input tray, and then remove any foreign objects or debris.

Figure : Removing foreign objects from the pick mechanism

Move the pick mechanism inside the input tray and remove foreign objects
  7. Tilt the printer on its back, press in slightly to move the pick mechanism, and then remove any foreign objects. Debris might fall out of the printer.

Figure : Tilting the printer on its back

Tilting the printer on its back
  8. Turn the printer to access the cleanout door located on the bottom of the printer, and then press the latches on both sides of the cleanout door to open it.

Figure : Opening the cleanout door

Opening the cleanout door
  9. Remove any loose paper, debris, or foreign objects from the cleanout area.

10. Close the cleanout door, and then turn the printer over to its normal position.

11. Reconnect the power cord and any cables to the rear of the printer, and then turn on the printer.

12. Try to print.

You can refer this HP document for  more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@anna2642

This could be a hardware issue with the printer.

I would personally suggest you contact our HP Support. 

Click here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true

Make sure you select the Country and Region.

Keep me posted on further assistance. Hope that helps! 

Have a great day ahead!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.