01-13-2018 11:07 AM
Been having troubles keeping the printer online for no apparent reason. I have unistalled and re-installed. Turned off the firewall etc,, etc, etc. Now when I add the printer in settings it indicates "driver unavailable" even though I downloaded the full software package.
Attempts to connect the printer either wireless or ethernet indicate the system could not connect to the printer despite the network showing the printer available. I have checked the printer, turned it off and on and confirmed it is connected to the network as indicated on the printer info screen. I have run multiple troubleshooting apps to no avail.
I'm about ready to chuck it and buy a new printer. However, I have to believe it this crappy Windows 10 OS. Help!!
01-13-2018 10:19 PM
Please follow the steps below to resolve such an error:
**Be aware that if you have other printers installed on your PC, those will need to be reinstalled too once completing these steps.
1. Uninstall the HP Software from your PC.
2. Backup your registry prior making any registry changes:
3. Update your registry using the Reg file below (that will change some printer related policies for your PC):
4. Right click the Start menu and select Run.
Type Services.msc and press OK.
Locate and stop the Print Spooler service
5. Browse to c:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers.
Rename W32X86 to W32x86.old
Rename x64 to x64.old
Note: if any of these folders fail to rename reboot your PC and then Continue following the steps starting from Step 4...
6. Restart your computer.
7. Reinstall the HP Software and check for any difference
Please let me know the results,
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution :)