SMB2104
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PRINTER SETUP PASSWORD

LASER JET PRO MFP M281FDW
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I FORGOT THE PASSWORD FOR SETING UP MY PRINTER. IS THERE ANYWAY I COULD RECOVER THAT OR AT LEAST CREATE A NEW ONE.

THANKS

1 REPLY 1
Level 15
Level 15
885 878 84 211
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PRINTER SETUP PASSWORD

@SMB2104 
Hello,

In order to palliate this issue, please restore the factory default settings as follows:

CAUTION:
Restoring the factory-set defaults returns all of the settings to the factory defaults, and it also deletes any pages that are stored in the memory.
  1. From the Home screen on the printer control panel, touch the Setup icon () to open the menu.
  2. Scroll to and select the Service menu.
  3. Scroll to and select Restore Defaults, and then touch OK. The printer automatically restarts.

If the issue persists, I've sent you a private message. Thank you in advance for not republishing it publicly in the HP support community.

In case of need, do not hesitate to solicit us.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accepted Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Expert support community HP France.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation