Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Pagewide Pro MFC 477DW keeps going "off-line" in Windows 10 even though it is up and pingable

HP Recommended
HP 700-414 (pc) MFC 477DW
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Multiple times a day my printer stops printing.  I can ping it, I can open the web manager and run test and print test sheets, I can do anything except print.  Jobs do go to the print queue.  When I go in through the web browser and choose to power cycle the printer, when it comes back up, its online and the documents print.  I have run the HP Support Assistant, upgraded windows where it wanted to, ran its print off-line tool, and I still end up with it going offline.

The printer display panel is alive and active and shows no errors.  I can't see it being a switch problem as I can ping it, and I can control it via the web interface, and the only thing that power cycles is the printer, and thats only a reset, not a complete power down.

Help!!

Mike
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation