I constantly have empty paper tray message. Cannot do any printing. Any ideas on resetting welcome. Have tried unplugging and plugging back in. Thanks for any help or advice you may be able to give.
Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.
Power resetting the printer and cleaning the paper feed rollers may resolve the issue. Let's try these steps:
1) Make sure this printer is plugged into a direct wall, not a surge protector
2) Remove all of your ink cartridges from the printer and close the door
3) Remove the power cord from the back of the printer (Do no press the power button)
4) Clean the electrical contacts, refer to step 2 from this document.
5) Plug the power cord back into the printer
6) Wait for the printer to turn on completely, then install the ink cartridges.
Let me know how it goes!
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee