Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 8150
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recent Windows 10 update.

Now printer not found and states "Status Driver not avaiable"

Previous to update printer worked fine.

Also HP Photosmart 8100 series not in Windows Update printer list.

Do I now have an expensive brick?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi @Graculus

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

The print driver for HP Photosmart 8100 Printer series is not available on the HP Support site. It has to be installed using the Windows built-in driver.

Install the printer using Windows built-in driver

Refer to this document to know how. (If you have tried this already as mentioned in your post and did not find HP Photosmart 8100 series in the list, kindly use Hp Deskjet 990c driver and continue the installation)

Try printing.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Still doesn't find driver for 8100 series even after removing printer and trying to install as 990c.

Win 10 still finds the 8100 series but not its driver.

how to force 990c driver loading?

HP Recommended

Hi @Graculus

Let's try these steps -

1.        On your keyboard press both the Windows key and R key together.

2.        In the window that opens, type in the words "Control Printers" and then click OK. This will open the Devices and Printers window.

3.        Right click on your printer and select Printer properties.

4.        In the new window, make sure you are viewing the Ports tab, if not then click on Ports at the top. In the Ports tab, locate the name of the port that is currently checked. Write the name of this port on a piece of paper as we will need it later on. When you are done, close this window.

5.        Back in the Devices and Printers window, click on Add a printer at the top of the window.

6.        In the window that opens, click The printer that I want isn't listed.

7.        Click on Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings. Click Next.

8.        Click on Windows Update.

9.        Once the Windows Update is done, click on HP under Manufacturer and click on HP Deskjet 990c under Printers. Click Next.

10.        Give the printer a name.

11.        On the next window, make sure Do not share this printer is checked. Click Next.

12.        Leave the Set as the default printer option unchecked. Click Finish.

Let me know how that goes 🙂

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks but I can only get to step 3.

In properties I only get two tabs,  "General" & "Hardware".  No "Ports" tab.

There is a "Location: Port_#0004.Hub_#0003" which is a USB ident not a port?

HP Recommended

@Graculus

Please click on "Printer Properties" and not "Properties". 

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

There is no "Printer Properties" on right click only "Properties".

Maybe because no driver found?

HP Recommended

Is there any chance of resolving this issue, PLEASE?

HP Recommended

@Graculus

Try using HP Smart App and let me know if that works

Please refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04675142

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.