01-22-2020 04:57 AM
Recent Windows 10 update.
Now printer not found and states "Status Driver not avaiable"
Previous to update printer worked fine.
Also HP Photosmart 8100 series not in Windows Update printer list.
Do I now have an expensive brick?
01-24-2020 09:36 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.
The print driver for HP Photosmart 8100 Printer series is not available on the HP Support site. It has to be installed using the Windows built-in driver.
Install the printer using Windows built-in driver
Refer to this document to know how. (If you have tried this already as mentioned in your post and did not find HP Photosmart 8100 series in the list, kindly use Hp Deskjet 990c driver and continue the installation)
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
01-26-2020 06:33 AM
Let's try these steps -
1. On your keyboard press both the Windows key and R key together.
2. In the window that opens, type in the words "Control Printers" and then click OK. This will open the Devices and Printers window.
3. Right click on your printer and select Printer properties.
4. In the new window, make sure you are viewing the Ports tab, if not then click on Ports at the top. In the Ports tab, locate the name of the port that is currently checked. Write the name of this port on a piece of paper as we will need it later on. When you are done, close this window.
5. Back in the Devices and Printers window, click on Add a printer at the top of the window.
6. In the window that opens, click The printer that I want isn't listed.
7. Click on Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings. Click Next.
8. Click on Windows Update.
9. Once the Windows Update is done, click on HP under Manufacturer and click on HP Deskjet 990c under Printers. Click Next.
10. Give the printer a name.
11. On the next window, make sure Do not share this printer is checked. Click Next.
12. Leave the Set as the default printer option unchecked. Click Finish.
Let me know how that goes 🙂
I am an HP Employee