Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 6958
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So lately I've been trying to print and it says that my Printer is offline. I've been watching a couple videos and they all say to go to properties of the printer and then go to ports and click configure port. The problem is when I try to click it it says, "An error occurred during port configuration. This operation is not supported." and so I can't configure the port to uncheck the SNMP box. Please I need help quickly. 

Thanks, 

Harun

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Harun1,

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I understand that the printer is offline.

Don't worry I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Is the printer connected to the network?

Is it a wired or wireless connection?

I suggest you do a Hard Reset

(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.

(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.

(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.

Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

If the issue persists, click here for further assistance.

Do get back to me as I have a few more tricks up my sleeve. Said that, if I have helped you resolve the issue.

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution'

Have a great day Ahead!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Harun1,

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I understand that the printer is offline.

Don't worry I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Is the printer connected to the network?

Is it a wired or wireless connection?

I suggest you do a Hard Reset

(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.

(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.

(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.

Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

If the issue persists, click here for further assistance.

Do get back to me as I have a few more tricks up my sleeve. Said that, if I have helped you resolve the issue.

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution'

Have a great day Ahead!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hi @Harun1,

I am glad the issue has been resolved. As @Riddle_Decipher is out for the day I am responding on his behalf. I read the private message.

Thanks and have a great day.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Harun1,

Hurray!!! 

I'm delighted to hear that it's working!

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉  

Cheers! 

Have a great day;)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

My printer is off line - when I go to "properties" and click configure I get an error message that is is not supported.

I then un pluged and re started computer and printer.  Syill off line. 

Please help

HP Recommended

Hi - I also have been having problems configuring my port (which I am trying to do to get my printer from offline to online).  I did the suggested Hard reset: turned printer on, unplugged from the printer, from the wall, waited 60 seconds, plugged inot wall then printer back in, and it still says offline.  This has helped before but it is not working anymore.  I am using Windows 10 1803.  I cannot find a way to get my printer to online.  Please help!

Thanks

NicoleW123

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.