Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet 1018
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I cannot find the driver for Laserjet 1018 for iMac El Capitan 10.11 through Apple software update.

Some suggest installing 1022 driver through Apple software update. I don't see any App Store.

I am new to Mac, ex-Windows person.

Anyone else successfully done this?

Jayawanth

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks Kazi

That worked almost

Choosing Laserjet 1015 - installation went fine but printing never succeeded, usually stuck with some percentage of completion.

I had read earlier that 1022 works. Chose laserjet 1022 and it is printing now.

Thanks, I badly needed the link to download the drivers for the mac, may be you should update the HP support page where it does not provide any link

Thanks again

- Jayawanth

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Jayawanth

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help. I understand that you would like to install your HP Laserjet 1018 on Mac El Capitan 10.11.6. I checked and found that there are no drivers available for Mac El Capitan 10.11.6. However, I will give you a workaround using which the printer should be able to print. I suggest you follow the below steps to install the inbuilt printer drivers in Mac El Capitan:

1. Please download the inbuilt Mac printer drivers from this link: http://hp.care/2flF56z

2. Later, from System Preferences, click on Print & Scan.

3. Click the Plus sign.

4. Select the listed LaserJet 1015 printer. (This driver should be compatible with your printer).

5. Click the drop-down menu next to Use or Print Using and click on Select Printer Software.

6. Select the HP LaserJet 1015 printer from the list.

7. Click OK to confirm your selection and add the printer, then try printing using the configured print queue.

Please try to print. Hope this helps. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thanks Kazi

That worked almost

Choosing Laserjet 1015 - installation went fine but printing never succeeded, usually stuck with some percentage of completion.

I had read earlier that 1022 works. Chose laserjet 1022 and it is printing now.

Thanks, I badly needed the link to download the drivers for the mac, may be you should update the HP support page where it does not provide any link

Thanks again

- Jayawanth

HP Recommended

Hi .. I have just tried the directions as followed and got nowhere.

Does this mean I have to use another computer for this printer?

It is such a great little printer for printing out B&W documents.

I don't have the resources to change out all my hardware. It is really frustrating.

Thanks in advance ..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.