11-10-2016 05:20 AM
I cannot find the driver for Laserjet 1018 for iMac El Capitan 10.11 through Apple software update.
Some suggest installing 1022 driver through Apple software update. I don't see any App Store.
I am new to Mac, ex-Windows person.
Anyone else successfully done this?
Solved! Go to Solution.
11-10-2016 02:23 PM
Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. :) I came across your post and would like to help. I understand that you would like to install your HP Laserjet 1018 on Mac El Capitan 10.11.6. I checked and found that there are no drivers available for Mac El Capitan 10.11.6. However, I will give you a workaround using which the printer should be able to print. I suggest you follow the below steps to install the inbuilt printer drivers in Mac El Capitan:
1. Please download the inbuilt Mac printer drivers from this link: http://hp.care/2flF56z
2. Later, from System Preferences, click on Print & Scan.
3. Click the Plus sign.
4. Select the listed LaserJet 1015 printer. (This driver should be compatible with your printer).
5. Click the drop-down menu next to Use or Print Using and click on Select Printer Software.
6. Select the HP LaserJet 1015 printer from the list.
7. Click OK to confirm your selection and add the printer, then try printing using the configured print queue.
Please try to print. Hope this helps. Cheers! :)
11-11-2016 01:09 AM
That worked almost
Choosing Laserjet 1015 - installation went fine but printing never succeeded, usually stuck with some percentage of completion.
I had read earlier that 1022 works. Chose laserjet 1022 and it is printing now.
Thanks, I badly needed the link to download the drivers for the mac, may be you should update the HP support page where it does not provide any link
12-31-2017 12:10 PM
Hi .. I have just tried the directions as followed and got nowhere.
Does this mean I have to use another computer for this printer?
It is such a great little printer for printing out B&W documents.
I don't have the resources to change out all my hardware. It is really frustrating.
Thanks in advance ..