05-20-2019 05:56 PM
Officejet 6600/6700 Printer head problem Prints in large purple strips with test message underneath. Have run cleaning cycle to 3 and does not help. Nothing on web site helps like doctor. Is my printer to old?
05-21-2019 03:00 PM
Thank you for reaching out to the HP Support community!
Let's try the steps:
Step 1: Power Reset
- Make sure this printer is plugged into a direct wall, not a surge protector.
- Turn the printer on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- Remove all of your ink cartridges from the printer and close the door.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on. The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
- Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
- Reinsert the ink cartridges, and then close the ink cartridge access door.
- Check if you can print/copy
- If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.
Step 2: Clean the ink cartridges
Gather the following materials:
A clean, lint-free cloth
A clean, dry cotton swab
Distilled or bottled water
- Remove the ink cartridges
- Lightly dampen a clean, lint-free cloth with bottled or distilled water.
- Clean the copper-colored contacts
- Wipe the contact with a dry, lint-free cloth
- Re-insert the ink cartridges
- Check if the error goes off
- Try to print/copy
Step 3: Update the printer firmware
- Refer to this link to update the printer firmware.
Let me know what happens.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping.
I am an HP Employee