Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
laser jet 4 plus
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I hooked up my laserjet 4 plus to my new mac but get an error code W2 invalid pers in the window.  Any ideas as to how to get this printer hooked up?  When I first installed it, it went through the whole downloading the driver, but still doesn't work.  need some help here.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The error code "W2 invalid pers" indicates that the printer has received a print job which is using a Page Descripion Language ("personality") which is not supported by the device (or, in some cases, the level / version of that PDL is not supported).

As far as I'm aware, the only PDL supported by the old LaserJet 4 Plus printer is PCL5 (including the HP-GL/2 subset).

it does not support PostScript (you'd need the 4M Plus model for that).

I know little about Mac systems, but I assume that, by default, they will probably assume use of PostScript output.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.