Highlighted
Dstar007 Top Student
Top Student
6 5 0 0
Message 11 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Printer 8710 is connected to the wireless but MacBook Pro doesn't recognize the device.

I got it directly from the HP support/troubleshooting page. There's was only the one driver available but I'm thinking it wasnt the correct driver for this unit.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16,353 16,211 1,076 1,734
Message 12 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Printer 8710 is connected to the wireless but MacBook Pro doesn't recognize the device.

@Dstar007

Yes, you are right. You need to download the driver for your printer from the product page which will be specific for your product.

Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
DaleDecker Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 13 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Link no longer works

Please help, MAC drops 8710 connection constantly

0 Kudos
2,569 2,520 154 467
Message 14 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@DaleDecker

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking  here To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation