09-18-2019 07:53 PM
When I send document to printer I get "Printer Error" message. I have uninstalled following all the steps in other solutions and reinstalled and still have the same message. Issue started after a power surge yesterday afternoon. I can print from IPad but not form laptop. Printer will print internal test. HP Doc says it cannot identify the error, nor can Windows Troubleshooting.
09-21-2019 03:25 PM
Welcome to HP support community.
Update the printer firmware
Refer this HP document for the steps to update firmware:- Click here
If the issue persists, perform root level uninstallation to remove all the printer related software's.
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
- Select your HP printer.
- Select Uninstall.
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
- In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
- Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
- Click on Drivers tab.
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
- Select OK.
- Remove all instances of the same.
- Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
- Close Devices and Printers.
- Restart the PC again.
Download and install printer full feature driver
Click here to download the driver
Let me know how it goes.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee