Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP2460 Deskjet
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have read other posts about incorrect colour printing when used with Windows 10.

My printer is also printing incorrect colours and I know that the printer is OK because it works correctly with Vista. I have tackled all the issues regarding 'latest drivers' and am left with just one simple question ...

Is this printer incompatable with Windows 10 or, if not, who has it printing correctly and with which printer driver?

Cheers Ron

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Roninnwy,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are having printing issues on your HP DeskJet 2460. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Do you get any error message on the printer screen or on the computer screen?

Have you tried to install the full feature software for the printer?

Have you tried to clean the ink cartridges as well as the rollers?

Are you able to make a copy from the printer?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

Answering to your question about HP 2460 printer compatible with Windows 10, Yes, I did go through and found that there is a full-feature software available for this printer.

Perform a Hard reset on the printer and make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Remove USB cable, if present.

Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Let’s first try and make a “photocopy” to determine whether the issue is with the printer or not. Place a document on the scanner glass and choose “Copy” option. If the printer is making a good copy, then the printer hardware is fine.

I would start by checking the installed printer software by downloading and running the HP Print and Scan Doctor. This tool can diagnose and fix many printing and printer software related issues. Please use this link to help you with that information: http://hp.care/2biN2XE 

Let's try these steps here to uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers:

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13 ). Restart the PC

14 ). Now click on this link: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL30196/dj-109216-2/DJ_SF_NonNet_Full_Win_WW_140_404-4.exe and install the full feature software for this printer.

15 ). Connect the USB cable only when prompted and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.

Let me know if those steps worked for you.

If they did, that’s awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Roninnwy,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are having printing issues on your HP DeskJet 2460. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Do you get any error message on the printer screen or on the computer screen?

Have you tried to install the full feature software for the printer?

Have you tried to clean the ink cartridges as well as the rollers?

Are you able to make a copy from the printer?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

Answering to your question about HP 2460 printer compatible with Windows 10, Yes, I did go through and found that there is a full-feature software available for this printer.

Perform a Hard reset on the printer and make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Remove USB cable, if present.

Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Let’s first try and make a “photocopy” to determine whether the issue is with the printer or not. Place a document on the scanner glass and choose “Copy” option. If the printer is making a good copy, then the printer hardware is fine.

I would start by checking the installed printer software by downloading and running the HP Print and Scan Doctor. This tool can diagnose and fix many printing and printer software related issues. Please use this link to help you with that information: http://hp.care/2biN2XE 

Let's try these steps here to uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers:

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13 ). Restart the PC

14 ). Now click on this link: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL30196/dj-109216-2/DJ_SF_NonNet_Full_Win_WW_140_404-4.exe and install the full feature software for this printer.

15 ). Connect the USB cable only when prompted and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.

Let me know if those steps worked for you.

If they did, that’s awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.

However the software that you recommend to install is the one that I did install following my Windows 7 upgrade to Wndows 10. I am confident that my 2400 series printer is correctly functioning since it prints correct colours when operating with my back up Vista pc ... out of interest both my pc's are HP.

Since 2014 (when the above software was released) I have tried basic and full features drivers on my Windows 10 pc and none have resolved the colour issue. Reading through your very detailed suggestions, you talk about making a scanner glass photocopy ... this printer is of the 'old school' and does not include this feature! I guess that your offered solution is kind of 'generic' for many printer models (apart from software download) rather than specific to the model I am using and I have yet to find any positive 'solved colour problem' comment on the web so must conclude that the printer is not fully compatible with Windows 10.

I will try the HP Print/Scan Doctor as a last resort and if successful will post here. Thanks again for trying ... maybe I should simply purchase a new printer!

Cheers Ron

HP Recommended

Hello again,

I tried the Print Doctor software and all tests were passed though I wonder if some kind of 'update' was installed.

The test print looked good and I printed a card which had the correct colours. Whatever the reason I have hopes that my issue is solved when printing from my Windows 10 pc. Will keep a check on it and thanks again for your input

Cheers Ron

HP Recommended

Hi @Roninnwy,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I'm glad to hear you got it working, however, you can keep the printer under observation and check how it goes.

If you come across any issues, please don't hesitate to reach out to us again.

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.
I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.
And mark my post as Accepted Solution to help others find a similar solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.