Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Laserjet 130nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Actually I don't have any issue with my printer. Only I have a question about what is the difference between a basic installation and full feature software and drivers. I am a HP representative and I would just like to have an exact information of advantages or disadvantages between these two options for explain well to my clients. I have searched for information on the subject, but I have not been successful.

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You can do a basic scan and basic print, that's why its basic driver, all advanced scan and print functions and scan and print tools are installed with the full software package.

My profile on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The basic drivers install only the software needed for printing.

The full package installs additional software for scanning, faxing ( if the device has fax) printer administration tool ( to check consumables level, to better manage the printer, to monitor printers status). 

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your reply, but I have looked for an answer to my question because with de basic drivers I can scan a document. I was able to scan without problem.

Scan.jpg

However, what I can remark very well,  I don't see the messages to check the toner levels in my computer.
Regards,
HP Recommended

You can do a basic scan and basic print, that's why its basic driver, all advanced scan and print functions and scan and print tools are installed with the full software package.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.