Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8710
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I had a message on the screen of my printer.  After the update the screen on my printer turned blue it has a picture of the on/off button and this number B89BF84C.  I tried shutting my printer down and restarting it,  I also unplug the printer and restarted it.  Everything I try I still have the blue screen with a picture of the on/off button and the code B89BF84C. 

Please help!  I work from home and I need to be able to print.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@SeaKing-2017

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I Understand there are printer Issues after applying an update to my printer,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you perform a hard reset following instructions of an HP tech?

Also, did you try updating the firmware of your printer?

Let's first try and disable the IPv6 on your printer.

1. Press to access the Setup menu.
  2. Scroll down and select Network Setup menu.
  3. Select the Wireless Settings and then scroll down to IPv6 and disable/turn off the same.
  4. Go back and scroll down to Ethernet Settings and disable the IPv6 as well.

Now, restart the printer and check. If the issue persists, try a power drain on the printer and check:

·         With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

·         Remove USB cable if present.

·         Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

·         Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

·         Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Now, try making a copy and check. 

If the issue persists, upgrade the firmware using this website: Click here

Let me know how that works out, keep me in the loop and Good luck! 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.