Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
(removed content)

Upon first receiving my printer, it connected and worked fine with my computer. Then out of nowhere it has unconnected. On my computer, I can search for the printer, It will appear as a device to connect it will proceed to ask me to enter some type of pin that appears on my printers screen. I'll type it in, it will show a loading sign on printers screen as if working, then my computer will say " Driver is unavailable" under my printers name. I've literally tried everything in the world I could find online to try to fix it. I've lost the cord that connects from printer to my computer directly or I would try that way. My boyfriends computer has been and is still connected to the printer without any problems. But I hate having to wait for him to bring his computer everytime I need to print something, which is often.  Can anyone explain this to me or tell me what I could do to fix  this problem?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@CarleeM

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP ENVY 4512 All-in-One Printer and it does not stay connected to the computer.  The printer connects fine to another computer which belongs to your boyfriend. While trying to connect, there is a prompt for a pin which is shown up on the printer screen. Post entering the pin, the computer states "Driver is unavailable". I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.You've done a remarkable job performing the steps. 

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• What operating system are you using on your computer? Is it Windows or Mac?
  • Is it a wireless connection to the router or a wifi direct? (Wi-Fi Direct provides a direct wireless connection to your HP printer that allows you to print without joining a local network or connecting to the Internet. When you activate Wi-Fi Direct on your printer, you can securely print documents or photos from most Wi-Fi-capable computers and mobile devices. The technology is similar to Bluetooth but uses Wi-Fi to work at greater distances and faster speeds.)

Meanwhile, if you're using a wireless router then please run the wireless setup wizard on the printer:

Once the printer is connected to the network, you may download and install the drivers from this link.

I hope this information helps. Please feel free to reply. Cheers! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.