Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8030 Series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP OfficeJet Pro 8035 w/ Updated Firmware

Printer's Panel Scan does not automatically scan document already loaded in the Automatic Document Feeder

1. Is there any way to fix this so that the printer’s “Scan” checks the loaded the documents in the ADF and scans them automatically without the annoying hassle of opening the software on the PC?
  2. Also is there a way to revert back to the original printer firmware before it was updated, or at least is there an upcoming, future firmware update that will fix this problem?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for replying.

I had to do  a hard reset to the printer and re-installed the printer-specific driver and it seems to work fine now

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Please visit the driver download page at this link :- https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-pro-8030-all-in-one-printer-series/242...

Click on "Software Utility". Proceed to Download and install the driver.

“I am an HP employee”
HP Recommended

Thanks for replying.

The driver is already installed.

However, this is  obviously a printer firmware problem, not a computer driver problem.

I am able to scan from the ADF only from the computer just fine, but when I initiate the scan from the printer's panel/printer's display, the printer only assumes the document is on the flatbed.

When tapping the <SCAN> tap on the printer's display, the printer prepares and scans only the flatbed before sending it to the computer, even though the document is already loaded into the ADF and the printer confirmed it.

Moreover, the printer does not offer to scan [document] or [photo] as it does when I tap the <COPY> tap on the printer's screen.

My printer is already updated to the latest Firmware. It seems that HP needs to update this new firmware again for the printer's SCAN command to work correctly like the printer's COPY command.

HP Recommended

Thank you for replying.

I had to do  a hard reset to the printer and re-installed the printer-specific driver and it seems to work fine now

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.