Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet 1320
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The HP Laserjet was working normally in Windows 7 Professional and even later after upgrading to Windows 10 64-bit.

The printer suddently stopped working with the following light indication:
- Attention light (A triangle with the exclaimation mark) status: On with solid amber color.
- Ready light (A horse shoe shap) status: Flashing green light.
- Go light (A teal button with diamond shape icon and letter I) status: Flashing green light.

Addtional information:

- Printer driver was mysteriously removed.
- Obtain latest Windows 10 64-bit driver: Dot4x64.msi.

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=410623&swItemId=fp_148007_1&swEnvOid=4192

However, executing the file does not seem to do anything.

- Attempt to install new driver upd-pcl6-x64-6.3.0.21178.exe file but the DOT4 port cannot be found as like as in Windows 7.
- New toner cartridge has been in use only few times.
- No paper jammed found.
- USB cabled was unplugged/replugged.
- Power was recycled many times.

Please help determine the issue and advise the next course of action.

Thank you.

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

Hi Xtera,

You installed driver "upd-pcl6-x64-6.3.0.21178" file and no solved your problem, you try uninstall and then reinstall with older driver. It's "upd-pcl6-x64-6.1.0.20062" or "upd-pcl6-x64-6.0.0.18849". You can search and download it at:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/UPD/

Hope this helps. Let me know for more.

dungleviet

HP Recommended

Hello dungleviet67,

I've downloaded and executed the upd-pcl6-x64-6.1.0.20062 driver that you had recommended.

However, the Add New Printer process still cannot find the DOT4 port using the steps below:

Control Panel | View Devices and Printers | Add a printer | The printer that I want isn't listed | Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings | Use an existing port | ...

- LPT 1 - 3

- COM 1 - 4

- File

- IR

- PORTPROMT

- XPSPort

... but the DOT4 port is not found.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi Xtera,

Your problem is driver for your DOT4 port. If yes, you uninstall and then reinstall it.

Go to “Device manager”, click on the View tab, choose “Show hidden devices”.

Then check if there are any USB devices yellow, right click and choose "Update Driver Software", choose windows check auto. If it updated then restart computer, if no change, go to “Device manager” again and chosse “Uninstall”, then restart computer.

Note: You can search driver for your DOT4 port (on Google or anywhere) and install it or key words "DOT 4 port USB" on this forum to solve your problem.

Hope this helps. I'm not work for HP.

dungleviet

HP Recommended

Hello dungleviet67

It is more likely that the Windows 10 auto update has removed the printer driver which used to work in Windows 7 and then at the initial stage after upgrading to Windows 10.

There is no USB device shown with yellow exclaimation mark.

Uninstall the USB device made the computer hung twice.

I am still searching for the DOT4 port solution in the internet.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi Xtera,

You can see “HP Printers - Driver and software support for Windows 10” at:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04675396#AbT1

I hope I was able to help.

dungleviet

HP Recommended

Hi Xtera,

Did you solve your problem ? If no, you try install with windows 7 (64 bit) driver for your printer at:

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=410623&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4063

Note:

+ Uninstall drivers installed before.

+ Some printers used windows 7 driver on windows 10 and their printer work fine.

Good luck!

dungleviet

HP Recommended

Hello dungleviet67,

After the installation of Windows 7 64-bit printer driver upd-pcl5-x64-6.1.0.20062.exe, I went through the Add a printer process  but the DOT4 USB port is still not found.

Thank you for your persistent to help.

HP Recommended

Hi Xtera,

Did you try with "upd-pcl6-x64-6.0.0.18849" version ?

HP Recommended

Hello dungleviet67,

Which OS uses upd-pcl6-x64-6.0.0.18849 to download from?

I wonder why HP's Dot4x64.msi file does not create the DOT4_001 port but no one seems to have similar issue.

Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.