Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
officejet pro 8610
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

printer clash officejet 7110 with officejet pro 8610

I can only run1 printer at a time.  The printer drivers need to be loaded to use the printer if I change from 7110 to 8610.

If I want to change from 7110 to 8610 I need to reload the driver.  When I do only 8610 will work and 7110 is invisible.

Can any help?

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@svlprint

I am the The_Fossette. It looks like you were interacting with @sandytechy20, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

I recommend you to create a new user profile on your computer and then install the printers on that and check if it helps.

Refer to the below link on how to create a new profile.

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@svlprint

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are unable to use multiple printers on your computer. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

Run the HP Print and Scan Doctor.

Temporarily disable firewall software on the computer.

Uninstall the HP driver and software.

1. If your printer connects to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer.

2. Search Windows for programs and features, then click Programs and Features in the list of results.

3. In the list of installed programs, click your HP printer name, then click Uninstall or Yes.

4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the software removal.

5. Restart the computer.

Reinstall the HP software.

1. Turn on the printer.

2. If your printer is connected to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer.

3. Go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads.

4. If prompted, select a method to identify your printer model, and then follow the on-screen instructions to go to the download page.

5. Click Download next to the full feature driver (recommended), or click Basic Drivers for other driver options.

Click here and refer the document to perform the above steps.

(Note: Though the title of the printer is different, these steps should fix the issue)

Let me know if that works.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear sandytechy20,

Thank you for your assistance.

Yes your cure worked - with a problem:

I had the Device Manager open and was looking at the printers present while I was working on the problem.

As I loaded the driver for the Officejet  7110 the Officejet pro 8610 was removed from the printers present.

I then reloaded the 8610 and the 7110 was removed.

They have different addresses: 192.168.0.13 and 22

Hearin lies the problem.

Some time ago I had assistance with the 8610 from your online help techs, they got the 8610 running and I did not notice the clash until some time later.  They were online with my computer at the time.  Ref: 3022408736

So I can only have one printer with it's software loaded at a time.  Now there is a real head scratcher.

In case it helps, I have 5 HP an Epson and an OKI running at the same time but only the 8610, 7110 and Epson 7110 on my actual computer, the rest are on my network.  I have an HP computer.

Can you help me one more time please?

John

HP Recommended

@svlprint

I am the The_Fossette. It looks like you were interacting with @sandytechy20, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

I recommend you to create a new user profile on your computer and then install the printers on that and check if it helps.

Refer to the below link on how to create a new profile.

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Perfect!

Worked first time. 

Many thanks

John

HP Recommended

Hi @svlprint,

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that!

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.