Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Printer connectivity

HP Recommended
hp deskjet 3050
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I can't connect the printer to my new wireless line. Wireless internet is perfectly working, so is the wireless of the printer. According to the report I printed the problem is the PASSPHRASE WPA.  

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 5
Level 5
282 281 16 31
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank You for contacting HP.

As I get you want to Install the printer over a Wireless Network,  I will provide you steps to do the same.

The Printer can get connected to a 2.4 GHz Wireless network via a USB Cable.

This means we first need to install the printer software using a USB cable and later convert the connection to the Wireless.

Please try the steps below:- 

1) Download the software from the below link,

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/HP-Deskjet-3050-All-in-One-Printer-series...

2) Proceed with the Onscreen instructions.

3) When the Screen prompts to choose the connection, select USB, or the screen may directly ask to connect a USB Cable (Printer Cable) between the printer and the PC.

4) Ensure the printer is on, and then connect the printer USB cable between the printer and the PC.

5) The PC Screen should detect the cable connected and proceed further.

6) When the Installation finishes, the Screen asks if we want to convert the connection into Wireless,

7) Ensure the PC is connected to the same 2.4 GHz network, Select Yes for the Wireless and proceed further.

Once completed the printer should get connected on the Wireless Network.

😎 You may disconnect the cable later once the blue light on the printer is glowing constant.

Try printing / scanning and check.

Another method of connection is the WPS (Wi Fi Protected Set up). Steps for the same are mentioned below.

WiFi Protected Setup (WPS)
To connect the HP All-in-One to a wireless network using WiFi Protected Setup (WPS), you will need the following:
❑ A wireless 802.11 network that includes a WPS-enabled wireless router or access point.
❑ A desktop computer or laptop with either wireless networking support, or a network interface card (NIC). The computer must be connected to the wireless network that you intend to install the HP All-in-One on.
To connect the HP All-in-One using WiFi Protected Setup (WPS)
1. Do one of the following:

Use Push Button (PBC) method
▲ Set up wireless connection.
❑ Press the wireless button on the control panel to show the wireless menu options on the printer display.
❑ Select Wireless Settings on the printer display.
❑ Select WPS.
❑ Select Push Button and follow the on-screen instructions on the printer display.
NOTE: The product begins a timer for approximately two minutes in which the corresponding button on the networking device needs to be pressed.

Use PIN method
▲ Set up wireless connection.
❑ Press the wireless button on the control panel to show the wireless menu options on the printer display.
❑ Select Wireless Settings on the printer display.
❑ Select WPS.
❑ Select PIN. The printer display will display a PIN.
❑ Enter the PIN on WPS-enabled router or other networking device.
❑ Follow the on-screen instructions on the printer display.
NOTE: The product begins a timer for approximately two minutes in which the
PIN needs to be entered on the networking device.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

I´m an HP employee
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation