Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 4650
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After uninstalling and reinstalling printer software and driver multiple times, going through all sorts of different processes mentioned on other forums, my printer will still not print.  It is connected to the network, I have ran the HP Scan and Print Doctor, I have used the HP Smart app - everything says that the printer is now working...but its actually not.   I have shut down and restarted both the printer and the computer 

I have tried printing PDF and regular documents, to no avail.

I have no clue what to try next.  Any and all help is much appreciated. 

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Broberg1

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Create a TCP IP port:

1. Print a Configuration Page to get the printer's IPv4 address (you can also tap on the wireless icon on the front panel of your Printer to get the IP address)

2. On your PC, go to Control Panel, from Devices and Printers, right-click the printer and left-click Printer Properties, select the Ports tab.

3. Click Add Port, select Standard TCP/IP Port, then select New Port and follow the wizard.

4. Type in the proper IP address for the printer.

This video resource will show you how to do it:

Create & Use TCP IP port

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day! 

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@Broberg1

Create a TCP IP port:

1. Print a Configuration Page to get the printer's IPv4 address (you can also tap on the wireless icon on the front panel of your Printer to get the IP address)

2. On your PC, go to Control Panel, from Devices and Printers, right-click the printer and left-click Printer Properties, select the Ports tab.

3. Click Add Port, select Standard TCP/IP Port, then select New Port and follow the wizard.

4. Type in the proper IP address for the printer.

This video resource will show you how to do it:

Create & Use TCP IP port

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day! 

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hello Betty0610, I followed your instructions but now I have a different problem. The document does not stop in the print queue but the document is not printed. The printer starts, you hear the noise and the end of print sound but the document has not been printed.
I hope I explained myself.
I remain at your disposal for further clarifications. good job
Matteo

HP Recommended

@82mat11

Which Printer do you have?

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

From the HP-user manual for this printer, I take it has an usb-port.

Did you try the printer by using a computer-usbport -wire- connection, and let Windows scan for/find the printer?

Is it possible to print a simple text-file you generated with a text-editor?

(the manual says it is an Officejet 4650 all-in-one printer)

HP Recommended

Hello Betty 0610, the printer is hp officejet3835. 

I reinstalled the drivers, used the doctor and scan program, but the error message "the printer is offline" always appears.

Matteo

HP Recommended

Thank you! This worked for me!!

HP Recommended

@Lsanch

I'm glad to hear that and you're most welcome. Do get back to us in the future for further assistance.

Have a nice day!:)

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Betty 0610, the printer is hp officejet3835. 

I reinstalled the drivers, used the doctor and scan program, but the error message "the printer is offline" always appears.

Matteo

HP Recommended

I think Win10 installed a major upgrade this week??

I have a HP MFPdM276nw PCL 6 printer. It is on the list of tested printers. 

It Works. The printer is connected via a LAN. Another PC on the LAN prints normally. 

I have installed and re-installed using the HP tools as recommended. The printer installs up to "Print Test Page". 

I followed Betty0610's  instructions here to assign a new port. It does not see the printer? Using name or IP from configuration page.  

How can the software install but not see to print???

I am at wits end!

Any suggestions? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.