03-12-2018 04:08 PM
On the printer display window I have the option of choosing Main tray paper or the photo paper from the tray on top. But when I touch the display window for the photo paper option nothing happens. But the main tray option works. Can anyone help? Thank you.
03-13-2018 12:04 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums :)
I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.
As I understand, your printer does not allow you to select photo paper tray option.
No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:
Was it working fine earlier?
Have you made any hardware/software changes?
Are you printing using phone or PC?
Does this happen even after you upload the photo paper in the tray?
Let's try these steps to resolve the issue:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.
Update Firmware: Click Here
Also, try these steps:
- Remove all the paper from the main tray and just keep the photo paper in photo tray.
- Then try making a photocopy and let me know if it picks up the paper.
Keep me posted,
Have a great day :)
03-13-2018 02:55 PM
Hi, I did hard reset but to no avail. It did work all the time but for some reason it won't work now on the photo paper tray. I took out the paper from the main tray too but that didn't work either. I know it's connected to the display window because when I press the photo paper tray it doesn't highlight it but it works on the main tray option though.
03-13-2018 04:00 PM
Thank you for responding,
It's great to have you back ;)
I'm sending out a Private message with the reset instructions,
Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile
Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage