Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printer display info issues

HP Envy 6230 series all in one printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

On the printer display window I have the option of choosing Main tray paper or the photo paper from the tray on top.  But when I touch the display window for the photo paper option nothing happens.  But the main tray option works. Can anyone help? Thank you.

3 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
5216 266 341
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Lexylou_74

Welcome to the HP Forums :)

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I understand, your printer does not allow you to select photo paper tray option.

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:

Was it working fine earlier?

Have you made any hardware/software changes?

Are you printing using phone or PC?

Does this happen even after you upload the photo paper in the tray?

Let's try these steps to resolve the issue: 

Hard Reset:

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Remove USB cable, if present.
  • Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
  • Now plug back the power cable straight (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord
  • Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Update Firmware: Click Here

Also, try these steps:

• Remove all the paper from the main tray and just keep the photo paper in photo tray.
  • Then try making a photocopy and let me know if it picks up the paper.

Keep me posted,

Have a great day :)

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Lexylou_74 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, I did hard reset but to no avail.  It did work all the time but for some reason it won't work now on the photo paper tray.  I took out the paper from the main tray too but that didn't work either.  I know it's connected to the display window because when I press the photo paper tray it doesn't highlight it but it works on the main tray option though.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
5216 266 341
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Lexylou_74

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back ;)

I'm sending out a Private message with the reset instructions,

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation