Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet GT 5810
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Deskjet GT 5810 does not print anything using magenta ink. Instead, pink/red images/texts appear yellow in the print out. I've done printhead cleaning and all sorts of advises but they still did not work. All ink levels are enough btw. Please help, thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @rachilita

Have you tried printing from a different application? Does the issue persist?

Does the issue persist when you make a copy from the printer?

Refill any low or empty ink tanks

Print a Print Quality Diagnostic page.

To resolve many print quality issues, print a Print Quality Diagnostic page, and then evaluate the results.

NOTE: 

To protect the printheads from drying out, always turn the printer off using the Power button, and wait until the Power button light goes out before unplugging the printer.

1. Press and hold the Start Copy Color button  on the printer control panel for 3 seconds to print a Print Quality Diagnostic page.

Example of a Print Quality Diagnostic page

2. Review the Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and Black boxes, checking for missing colors, fading, and white lines.

• If the color blocks do not show white lines, and are not faded or missing, the printer is working correctly. Check for image resolution problems, application errors, or other issues that might affect the printout.

Refer this article to know more information about print quality issues with the printer. Click Here

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply but I have done those steps already. 😞 I have printed out several print quality diagnostic pages and still the magenta color did not appear on the print out even if the ink tank was still filled enough. Can you suggest any other options? Thank youuu.

HP Recommended

@rachilita, Thanks for the update.

It certainly sounds like a hardware issue with the printer.

Please contact HP support for service options.

Contact HP support using this link. Click Here

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.