Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet P1102w
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My printer won't print on the far right side of the paper.  I've tried changing out the toner cartridge, looking for paper stuck in the printer, and installing updates, etc.  For example:  the third row of the test page doesn't print the far right single line.  This is a problem when it comes to printing checks. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@FLMeMom

Welcome to HP forums, I see that you are getting print quality issues.

Follow the below steps to fix this issue.

Check the toner level

1. Load plain, white paper in the input tray.

2. Make sure the ready light is on.

3. Search Windows for devices, and click Devices and Printers in the list of results.

4. Right-click your printer, and then depending on the software program, the button might be Properties, Options, Printer Setup, Printer, or Preferences.

5. Click the Services tab.

6. Select Supplies Status Page from the Print Information Pages drop-down menu.

7. Click Print.

The Supplies Status page prints.

Figure : Example of the Supplies Status page

Example shows the Supplies Status page

Print a cleaning page

1. Turn on the printer.

2. Load plain, white paper in the input tray.

3. Search Windows for devices, and then click Devices and Printers in the list of results.

4. Right-click your printer, and then click Printing Preferences or Properties.

The printer Properties dialog box opens.

5. Click the Device Settings tab, and then click Cleaning Page.

The Cleaning Page prints.

Check the EconoMode settings

1. In the program you are trying to print from, select the Print option.

2. Right-click your printer, and then depending on the software program, the button might be Properties, Options, Printer Setup, Printer, or Preferences.

3. Click the Paper/Quality tab, and then locate the Print Quality area.

4. If the entire page is too dark, use these settings:

• Select the 600 dpi option.

• Select the EconoMode check box to enable it.

If the entire page is too light, use these settings:

• Select the FastRes 1200 option.

• Clear the EconoMode check box to disable it.

5. Click OK, and then click OK to print the job.

You can refer this HP document for assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others and please give the same post a Kudos.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No, this solution did not work for me.  I did the printer cleaning and printed a test page, and it still came out blank across the right side of the paper.  I've already changed out the toner cartridge once.  

I guess I'll be replacing this printer. 

HP Recommended

@FLMeMom

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.