Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

The reply from Mkdangi21 is spam. The link is not usable.

HP Recommended

Agreed and I confirm that the Sholmi solution does not work. 

HP Recommended

Worked perfectly--thanks, ShlomiL!

HP Recommended

Um ya, that didn't work HP. Please fix it.

2019-10-16_16-22-31.png2019-10-16_17-18-30.png

HP Recommended

Started my Mac desktop this AM and found an update to the Catalina 10.15 OS. Installed it then went looking for new HP printer drivers. Found one for the 10.15 OS, but on installation, it was just the "Easy Start" / "Smart Start" driver again. No obvious changes from when I installed them last week. Also noticed that the Apple "About this Mac" display doesn't show a new version --- still 10.15, like it was before the update. Gotta wonder what's going on between Apple and HP.

For those of you that reported scan problems, mine also reported an error on the 1st scan (part of the setup process). Hit the Scan button again and it worked --- from the glass, I never use the auto feeder. Probably different for each printer model, hopefully you tried it a couple times.

HP Recommended

I have downloaded the latest Print driver and associated software for an HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 including the HP Smart from your link below.  The HP Smart cannot find the printer status even though I use a USB connection.  The WiFi light on the printer is flashing continuously.  The scanner part of the 7740 only wants to do document feed.  And when I tried to call HP to report the problems their phone system says I am not a registered user.  Is there any way to contact someone at HP to explain that their drivers for Mac OS 10.15 Catalina are not working?

HP Recommended

I'm pretty fed up with HP as well.... I haven't purchased an HP product in years because of the terrible support experience, but my Samsung ProXpress M453 Printer is totally crippled thanks to this.  Functionality very limited (basically useless) using Secure Airprint.  HP,  How about you weigh in on this.  You monitor this community... When can we expect new drivers?!??  To not be ahead of a major scheduled  upgrade by the largest tech company in the world is totally unacceptable amateur hour BS

HP Recommended

So HP ....... THIS THREAD IS NOT SOLVED SADLY AT ALL.  When are you sorting this out as it is totally unacceptable situation not to be sorting a OS that has been months in beta for software companies like yourselves to be ready.

Yes HP smart sort of works but your software HP Easy Scan etc DOES NOT !!!!

Unacceptable for all for your customers!!!

HP Recommended

I upgraded to OS Catalina three days ago and I have been printing fine until yesterday afternoon. I have tried everything suggested here as well as uninstalling the driver and reinstalling. I'm on the same network as the printer but everytime I try to print it tells me that it cannot find the printer. Why all of a sudden 2 and a half days after the Mac software update am I not able to print, and how can I get this to print. We are a small business and NEED to print ASAP!

Edit:

I had to download the Smart App and now it's working so far. Will update as time goes on. But I would say that this issue is not fixed.

HP Recommended

Going to add the printer: 

HP Officejet 4650

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.