Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@OldBrokenWind & @HP: This topic is not solved, please remove the "solved" badge.

HP Recommended

This is not solved. Please remove the solved badge.

HP Recommended

As previously mentioned HP is working with Apple to restore HP Easy Scan functionality.  This is going to require a partnership to resolve.  Until then HP Easy Scan is not supported in Catalina.

In the mean time HP All-in-One , OfficeJet and DeskJet users can use Image Capture to retrieve scans.  Image Capture will actually support a broader scope of devices than HP Smart.  So, if .you tried HP Smart without success, Image Capture may still work.

HP print drivers have been updated and are available through HP Easy Start.

The 64-bit drivers for Samsung devices are in testing and are forthcoming.  For printing, AirPrint will be the solution until that time.  Image Capture will work for some Samsung devices for scanning as well.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
HP Recommended

The solution is not working for me. Thanks anyway.

HP Recommended

It is not working neither.

HP Recommended

First of all, a hearty middle finger to Apple and HP for ignoring its customers.    The solutions suggested by Apple and HP didn't work for me and cost me lots of time and only added to my frustration.

One of the things and tried and it seemed on the verge of working was using the Preview program that comes standard with the laptop.  I think perhaps if I fiddled around with it for another 45 minutes or so, perhaps I could have made it work.

However, by this time, I have wasted several hours trying to get the printer I bought three weeks ago to scan properly.  One of the posts I saw somewhere suggested using the Vue Scan program.  When you download the program, it finds your printer automatically and then, when you press the scan button, it scans the document in your printer and throws it on the screen.  It has a watermark printed diagonally across your test document so you don't use their product for free.  However, my time counts for something (not much I admit) so I spent $79.99 and thus ended the Catalina scanner hostage crisis.  It's obvious that the solution is pretty easy as Vue Scan has solutions for lots of printers showing how HP and Apple could do this for their customers if they genuinely cared about their customers.  Anyway, good luck, to all of you working through this.

HP Recommended

The press is now starting to pick up this issue. The largest tech publication in Germany with the highest reach has published a story on it and I bet others will follow:

https://www.heise.de/mac-and-i/meldung/HP-Drucker-unter-macOS-Catalina-Easy-Scan-funktioniert-nicht-...

@HP not sure if the printer business is of any matter to you, but seriously 3rd party printer drivers for 70+ EUR do work but your printer/scaner comes with a broken software and does not work due to a lack of prep time? Seriously?

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for the information. I am now using Vue Scan, it is not the perfect solution but at least is working.

HP Recommended

Having same problem.  HP driver upgrade for my 7645 scanner is ineffective.  I haven't been able to get a useful answer.

HP Recommended

I haven't seen any answers but for the lame one advising using secure airprint or easy print.  my printer is just a piece of furniture until HP gets this fixed.  So inconvenient.  I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.