Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

But on the plus side.... I keep getting stupid HP community badges and rankings every time I post how fed up with this company I am.  What a joke

HP Recommended

Same here ... I am now a "Tutor". Great and thus only complaining and waiting for somebody from HP to enter the "HP Support Forum" ... but nope! Nobody official from HP has been seen here so far.

HP Recommended

I understand and empathize with you.  And assure you there is work being done on all sides of this.

I do want to clarify/summarize a few things as this thread is a bit all over.

Print drivers for HP branded devices are updated for Catalina and can be updated using HP Easy Start.  When launched it will determine the version of the existing drivers and find the new ones to download.

For those devices that use HP Smart, the current version of HP Smart is fully qualified for Catalina.

To locate the latest software for your device please use 123.hp.com 

Print/Scan drivers for Samsung branded devices are still under development.  AirPrint is the only work around at this point.

HP Easy Scan is having issues in macOS Catalina.  This affects pull scanning and Scan to Computer.

HP and Apple are working to restore functionality as soon as possible.  This is a high priority for HP.  In the mean time Image Capture is the work around for scanning on OfficeJet and DeskJet products. 

Most ScanJets will also work with Image Capture.  But it would seem that a subset of ScanJets are not working. This has been escalated as well.

I will try and update as many threads as I can when we have solutions for Samsung and HP Easy Scan.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
HP Recommended

Apple has been warning app and driver providers, as well as end users, for MONTHS about the need to get programs that would work with the upcoming OS changes in Catalina 10.15. Maybe it could have been ready--like now!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the follow up.

Here's my understanding of what you posted:

1. The scanning function on many printers that have Catalina software still doesn't work. The printers may print as they are supposed to but they won't scan.

2. HP is working on solving this problem.

I appreciate that HP is working on the problem and wish that this information was clearly posted on your web site as many of us who own HP printers wasted a lot of time being directed to complicated solutions that HP apparently knew wouldn't work.  

HP Recommended

Logitech was a good boy.  Logitech released the new Catalina drivers on the same day.  But HP just left the ball hanging with all the business decline they are having.  With this, I will never buy another HP all-in-one ever again.  

HP Recommended

Hi guys,

I've have been experiencing the same problems. Contacted HP and they told me that I should probably buy a new printer. I have the officejet 8600 plus, which worked fine.

I could not find a driver on 123.hp.com for this OS 10.15.   Now after HP released an update it does. So the printer works. But strangely, the Easy Scan app works fine (including scanner) on my Macbook Pro but does not work on my iMac.

Does anyone have this issue too? I tried several things like install OS Catalina from scratch again and agin.

Problem remains.

HP Recommended

On some devices HP Easy Scan will work if you have something loaded in the ADF.  But will give an ADF empty error if you try to scan from the flatbed.  Perhaps you tested the MacBook Pro from the ADF and the iMac from the flatbed?

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
HP Recommended

Thx for thinking with me. What I meant to say, was that on my iMac the Scanner cannot be found in HP Easy Scan. During HP Easy Scan install (from scratch) it has an install error when trying to add a printer and or using Apple or HP driver. Both these didn't work. On iMac, scanner is only found when using the IP address and Apple Image Capture.

HP Recommended

Since I installed the OS 10.15 Catalina my printer doesn't work, do you have something for Samsung C480FW laserJet it's now owned by HP now Please HELP!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.