Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

HP driver download for the Printer should be 2.9.0.188 with a Release date of  Oct 9, 2019 at 9.1 MB.  What you get in version 2.4.0 from May when you download the driver and that wont even install on 10.15.

Great job HP and the only way to contact you if your out of warranty is thru this service for HP's Bug.

Long way to go to learn what customer service is.

HP Recommended

@edfe 

It looks like 123.hp.com is still downloading HP Easy Start 2.4 for products.  But 2.9 is listed at the software download pages.  Thank you for bringing this to HP's attention.  I will look into getting this resolved ASAP.

In the mean time you can get the latest version from the M281 software download page.

Edit:  This issue is now resolved.  HP easy Start 2.9 is downloading from the SW driver pages as well as 123.hp.com.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
HP Recommended

I just talked with HP Support (clearly in India) and was told that the Catalina driver will be available in one week. That is Nov. 5 or so. 

HP Recommended

The issue is far from resolved.  It would be resolved if your company had been prepared for this upgrade.  HP Sucks!!

HP Recommended

Hp advised me about a week ago that they are working on an update. In the interim download "Image Capture" which works fine from the flatbed of my HP8720.

HP Recommended

Gracias .

De verdad muchas gracias , me ayudo bastante tu link ,  mi impresora es el modelo 3833 all printer , si alguien tiene ese modelo como yo , les recomiendo la descarga .

Saludos

HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To insure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English. The following links are here to assist you if you prefer to post in the following Language Community.

German: HP Gemeinschaft
Spanish: HP Comunidad
French: HP Communauté
Portuguese: HP Comunidade
Chinese: HP 社区
Korean: HP 커뮤니티

Thank you for your understanding

HP Recommended

Upgraded sw to Catalina 10.15.1 scanner will no longer work...is there a fix....

HP Recommended

Good morning . I wanted to thank you for the help you gave me with your post, it served me so much your HPSMART link, since you can't download it from the site. If anyone has the same 3833 all series printer model, I recommend that you really solve the problem. HP driver assistance painful. Thanks

HP Recommended

None of the 2 mentioned ways is helpfull.

1) HPsmart cannot find my printer. I have no idea why, since I can still print.

2) Apple Image Capture seems to be 32-bit software, and does not function anymore under Catalina

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.