Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Just to be sure I have a HP 8720. My Mac Book Pro using 10.15.1 Catalina. I cannot print from the flatbed using HP software, I can print from the ADF though with the HP software. (HP Easy Scan).

I can print from the Flatbed using Image capture. 

Myoperating systemMyoperating systemscanned from flatbed using image capturescanned from flatbed using image capture

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, HP Easy Scan is not currently supported in macOS Catalina.

For devices like the OfficeJet Pro, the symptom is exactly as described. Anything loaded through the ADF will work fine but scanning from the flat bed generates the ADF Empty error.

HP is working to restore the full functionality of HP Easy Scan in macOS Catalina.

In the interim you can use Image Capture to retrieve scans from either the flat bed or the ADF.

Image Capture instructions are in the linked post above.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
HP Recommended

@Perfector 

I assure you that Image Capture is not 32-bit in Catalina.  It is an Apple app that is part of the OS install.  If you are getting an error about 32-bit software when opening Image Capture then you must have another copy on your computer or something terribly wrong happened when you upgraded.

As for HP Smart..HP Smart does not support every device.  So depending on what printer you have, HP Smart may or may not work.  Image Capture works with a broader range of devices and that is why it is what we are typically recommending for now.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
HP Recommended

I'm glad somebody on this planet earth can reach HP by phone.  It has been totally frustrating not to be able to here in the Unites States and this is my last HP product (I have owned many).

HP Recommended

you are wrong as i cannot load my original driver disc for my HP Photosmart 7510 as says now outdated and contact HP which is a joke as nobody listening, also easy start does not help either, complete waste of time company and if i do purchase another printer will not be a HP

HP Recommended

So when is HP actually sorting the mess out.  I can't believe a company this size is taking so long.  Customer service ZERO.  I for one will never be buying another HP printer.

Really frustrated at this in-action.  Unacceptable service.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

ME EITHER

HP Recommended

does not work

HP Recommended

I had the same issue with scanning on HP OfficeJet Pro 9015 printer.  Couldn't use the HP Easy Scan app, called HP support, they said it was Apple's issue, they wouldn't let HP have access to update their drivers (???).   I found this community and tried using Apple's Image Capture which was able to take control of the scanner and it worked perfectly.   Before that I was grumpy and getting set to resort to reinstalling Mojave - glad I found a work around before going to all of that!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.