Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Dear HP Expert.  I just downloaded and installed the latest (18 NOV 2019) HP drivers and Smart Scan for my HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 and now the Image Capture software, which did work, does not.  Smart Scan cannot talk to my 7740.  Easy Scan used to be able to at least do scanning through the document autofeed, but even that has now stopped working.  HP's latest effort made things worse.  Thank God it has not affected the print function.  I basically have a very large printer instead of a multifunction device.  I am looking at buying another brand of scanner/printer and will consider sending this one to HP C.O.D. so they can have it as a paperweight.  What a waste of my time.

HP Recommended

The 'Easy Scan' option for HP Envy 7440 does not work.  Image Capture will work but it's annoying to go through the exercise.  Also I print a lot of envelopes on my printer and since the installation of Mac OS 10.15 Catalina, envelopes created in Pages cut off printing for about 2 1/2 characters on the left side.  In the return address.  Can you fix this too???  Thanks.

HP Recommended

Sorry still no new easy print manager for Samsung clx-3300

HP Recommended

Solution still doesn't work. Many steps leading nowhere." Cannot communicate with device"

Epson here I come

HP Recommended

why did you put solved if that it is not the case?

HP Recommended

When will the HP updated driver to allow compatibility with Mac OS Catalina 10.15.1 be available for download?

How will we know when it is available?

HP Recommended

Sadly, Have similar issue with ENVY 5020 which is only 5 months old. Worked fine both printing and scanning until 10.15.1 upgrade. Since, the HP tech service has had 2 attempts to fix--removing and re-downloading drivers etc. but the best they could come up with was to link the computer and printer by IP address but this only prints and scans in black and white.

Fortunately I can work around by copying files to Google drive and operating the Printer (also scanning) with HP Smart on my smart phone, which works fine, but, this is inconvenient. Since the upgrade to 10.15.1 Apple no longer support HP. Could HP please advise when they are going to provide a proper fix to the issue.

HP Recommended

I found a way around this after much messing around.

Make sure you turn your printer on and that it doesn't go into sleep.

But do not touch the buttons on your printerscanner otherwise.

Click on apple preferences

Click on the printer

Click on scan

Click on open HP Scanner

Draw a rectangle with your mouse around what you have scanned and click scan. 

Item should scan.

Set up so you know where your scan is going.

I have it set up so it goes on my desktop. 

If you want once you have the picture on your computer that is going to be scanned you can do a screenshot of it instead of scanning it.

You don't need a 64-bit scanner at least not yet.

Good luck you don't have to worry about downloading anything and getting viruses you just use your own Mac your own preferences and your own printer. 

HP Recommended

But I found a way around it. If you have your printer turned on and it's not asleep don't touch it just go to Apple preferences printer scan and go from there I have a reply already a lengthy reply explaining how I do it. I have a 64-bit problem too I did lose my Photoshop ability to use my CD. I have to buy it online that I could not fix.

HP Recommended

Hi Maryjaye, afraid the method did not work for me, but I'm probably doing something wrong. I'll probably remove the printer and drivers and re-install later in the week. Meanwhile I'll just drop what I need to print or scan into google drive and use HP Smart on my smart phone or tablet. Thanks for comments.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.