Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hi, sorry my solution(s) did not work for you.

Perhaps it's because we have different printers--mine is a 5000 series wireless.

1. For me, using a different cloud system(s) than Apple + HP Smart App and my  Android phone works fine.

2. Setting up as previously described plus selecting IPP protocol and selecting HP desk jet series printer in use dialog box then again using HP Smart app also works.

Guess I am lucky since I cannot print(or scan) direct from Apple Mac to HP printer since update.

When I have time I might try using an iPad for printing and scanning. Cheers

HP Recommended

This is true although I found a way around it without downloading anything it may be because I'm using a desktop and maybe it's just a Hewlett-Packard printer to happen to have. It's an old one but it is over five years old. Everyone who feels comfortable about messing around with your computer should because there could be ways around this problem for them too. But if you don't feel comfortable about it you shouldn't do it either. I wouldn't change any settings on anything unless I did a screenshot of what the settings were before I change them so I could change them back.

HP Recommended

You posted on October 9th that "it should be a matter of days".  It's been nearly 2 months.

HP Recommended

HP did do an update driver on 18 NOV 2019, which just made things worse on my HP OfficeJet Pro7740.  Now my scanner only does auto document feed and I have to use Image Capture for the flatbed scanner part.  HP has been very unresponsive to this problem and I have tried many ways to contact them and seek a solution.  They do not seem to care.  Many of us are looking for alternative scanner/printer solutions, but there are very few scanner/printers that do 11X17 inch scanning.  I do no work for HP, so I cannot tell you why they are so slow to fix this problem.  I will keep trying to get an answer, but don't expect much success.

HP Recommended

That's the way I do it. You can hit scan open HPScanner if you want but I think doing a screenshot is easier. I think it's fine I don't mind it I put the document on the flatbed and they're you ago. It's a lot faster than what it used to be like so I don't mind it. I just wish that they would tell you and I would not spend three hours figure it out for yourself but but I got satisfaction figuring it out for myself.

HP Recommended

Why should I download anything to solve my problem? I didn't have to I just had to do it a different way. I'm not downloading anything I don't know who is offering me the download. I do think Hewlett-Packard should tell people how easy it really is to fix the problem at least for my printer scanner which is over five years old. Some people are not willing to take the time to figure it out like I did. I have a desktop maybe the solution does not work with laptops I don't know.

HP Recommended

There is no phone number to reach you guys at HP, which is unacceptable!

Last time I buy HP, and will spread this crazy situation!

HP Recommended

They don't have a phone number because they don't want to help. They want to let the users on the site do all the work. That way they don't have to hire people to do this. They are making a mistake they should have a customer service department that helps people. Not everybody likes to spend three or four hours trying to figure this stuff out. I find it rewarding as long as I get a result. Some people don't have the time. For all these companies it's about the bottom line.

HP Recommended

That's not HP solution that's my solution. It works and it wasn't hard once I knew what the problem was. You don't have to download anything. You don't have to buy anything I have an HP desk jet 4654. It took me a long time to do screenshots of every step if you want to call it "crazy "for head.  it was a lot of effort on my part to try to help people. If it's all crazy then how come it works at least on the HP desk jet 4654. With a Mac desktop. You're welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.