Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

HP released a new Easyscan app version today

YOU SHOULD TRY IT

HP Easy Start 1.93:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-amp-printer-series/15304500/swItemId/m...

HP Recommended

It is not working for me.

HP Recommended

I followed the link but it said Release dated november 18th.

Anyway it is not working for me.

HP Recommended

No difference - my MFC HP Printer Scanner Fax is still not working.  COME ON HP - FIX THIS PROBLEM!!!!!

HP Recommended

always the same problem it doesn't work

HP Recommended

If you have an HP jet set for 4654 you really should try my solution on page 13. The main thing is you only turn on your printer and scanner and make sure it doesn't go on sleep. And use your computer to do the actual scanning. Or if you want you can use your computer to do a screenshot with this method. Just put your document on the flatbed of the printer and use the apple symbol on the left go to the printer scanner. I have an illustration with directions on page 13 it took me a long time to cut and paste this whole thing together I hope it works for you it doesn't seem to work for anyone else but it worked for me. I have a Mac desktop I just bought in September.

HP Recommended

I've tried using the J410g printer on a previous OS but I've finally found the culprit.

Device is unable to recognize the ink cartridges causing those nasty connectivity issues. The problem is not caused by the drivers and the OS but from a hardware defection.

HP Recommended

Isn't that interesting! It was caused by the ink cartridges mine was caused because I was trying to Scan directly from the scanner printer instead of using the Apple system preferences. How long did it take you to find that? I'd be curious. Good work! I think the type of printer Scanner you have affects the type of problem you have with this new 64-bit Catalina. Mine is a HP desk jet printer scanner 4654. I think you've hit on something there. Everybody's not having the same problem because the 64-bit is causing different problems with each type of printer scanner. You were having problems printing?

HP Recommended

Yes and these issues weren't OS and software-related. I tried printing a document for my mom using macOS 10.11 El Capitan with no avail. Therefore I suspect the device became defective after many years of use.

HP Recommended

Maybe there was something wrong with the cartridges themselves. How in the world do you ever solve that?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.