Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Can you post the link to the new driver on HP? 

I have been working on this all day with no success.

HP Recommended

Can you please post the link to the driver you installed from the HP website to rectify this problem.  I have been working this problem all day with no success.

HP Recommended

This new driver works like a champ.  I am now able to scan directly from the scanner to the computer.  I just need to do it from the auto feeder.  I hope others will see this post so they too can get their systems working properly.  Thanks again for pointing this out. 

HP Recommended

I mentioned before it was no big deal that I could only scan from the scanner to the computer using the auto feeder.  I just realized it does bother me that I can't scan things like small photos or business cards or things like that.  Any suggestions?

HP Recommended

Well tonight 9th January 2020,  I downloaded and attempted to use what was indicated as the new driver HP Easy Scan dated 18th Dec 2019. Well to all I have an HP ENVY Photo 7855 the program isn't working. 

Lot's of people are having all sorts of problems, each different with different printers, some can't print, other's can't scan, or at least no longer scan from the printer to the computer using the flatbed. HP clearly doesn't want to step up and clean this ongoing mess up.

For now, if you want to scan to you computer using the flatbed, for things like photos or other items that can go through the auto feeder (that is the way I prefer it, as not everything can go through the auto feeder) here is what I did to make it work.

in mac OS Catalina 10.15.2

go the "System Preferences"

select "Printer & Scanners"

select the "Printer" that you want to use

select the "Scan" button (it should be blue)

Select the "open Scanner" button

The scanner should open

in the bottom right corner you will see a box that says "show details"

select that, and a side bar will open where you can modify your scan settings.

ie you dpi, how you want to scan,

if you change it to pdf, you can select "scan has one document" for multiple page documents.

Please note that as soon as the scanner is selected at the beginning of all of this it will start to scan, and may send a scan to your preselected saving location.

Give it a try, I hope it work for you.

It works for me, I originally thought that my printer was broken months ago, until I found out it's only the drivers and reaction of mac OS Catalina that were the problem.

I am sorry for all those out there that have new printers, or printers who are required to run their business.

What a disaster this is.

HP Recommended

Once again you saved the day.  It's kind of a drag having to go through the extra steps, but at least i'm now able to scan smaller items that won't normally fit through the auto feeder.  Thanks a lot.

HP Recommended

I actually like it better. pushing the buttons on the printer scanner seems to take longer.and once you have the scanner up and have scanned one document it is faster to scan the second and so forth. I blame apple not Hewlett Packard tho. I have had problems with outgoing mail and my Ipod since I got Catalina. after updates I wonder what will happen next....

HP Recommended

That link worked for me also. Spent all day on the HP site trying to connect my printer to my new imac. Thanks!

HP Recommended

it took me three weeks to figure this out but the solution above is the only one that works. Without downloading anything. And it's faster than pushing the buttons on the printer scanner once you have the printer scanner up you can just keep doing screenshots of the individual documents don't save what you scan and a scan again it works really really well. Sometimes when something isn't working right the solution makes things easier in the end anyway.

HP Recommended

The HP website released a working Scan driver for the Xpress C480FW on 1/15/2020.

Here is the link to the Scanner driver: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/SS/Print_Common_SW/Samsung_Mac_10.15_ScanDriver_V...

The working Print driver for the Xpress C480FW was released on 12/11/2019. I have been using it since then without issues.

Here is the link to the print driver:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/SS/Print_Common_SW/Samsung_Mac_10.15_PrinterDrive...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.