Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

This does not work for the HP Envy5661 All in One.  Says my printer is offline and cannot print or scan.  This printer is fairly new so I can't believe it won't work.  Very disappointed in HP and I wish I never upgraded to Catalina.

HP Recommended

As many of us have found, the HP printers are not working with Catalina update. In particular, mine says it is offline when it is not.  Can't get it to work wirelessly.  I have found a workaround that is GREAT!  You can still email your print jobs to your printer and they will print.  This is a good solution until HP updates the driver to be compatible with Catalina.  

HP Recommended

As many of us have found, the HP printers are not working with Catalina update. In particular, mine says it is offline when it is not.  Can't get it to work wirelessly.  I have found a workaround that is GREAT!  You can still email your print jobs to your printer and they will print.  This is a good solution until HP updates the driver to be compatible with Catalina.  

HP Recommended

I blame Apple not HP. I have had problems with my email out going at one point because of Kathleen update it took me three days to figure what they did. Catalina change my port and they uncheck the box in my email was very annoying. Catalina is the culprit. My iPod doesn't work right because the chapters don't show individually anymore when I download books onto it telling is really a mess and I'm telling you Mac is going to lose a lot of business.

HP Recommended

I even went out and bought a new HP printer today that the salesman at Staples said would work. After 4 1/2 hours of set up and being on two separate chats with HP tech supports, the final answer is NO, the printers won't work until HP releases new printer drivers. The he told me it would be about another month. So we are looking at the later part of February! This is totally unacceptable!

HP Recommended

I agree but I still blame Apple and not feel a packer. I've had nothing but trouble since I've gotten is Catalina. I wrote Apple today and told Apple that I'd be losing a lot of customers including me. I have had three Macs in my life but I will be getting another one.

HP Recommended

Worked for my OfficePro 8600 and Mac Catalina with HP Smart app

Prior to this unable to scan only print

Thank you

HP Recommended

I wouldn't count on the later part of Feb... I've been told a fix would be available within a week or two on 2 separate occasions.... once in Nov and once in Dec

HP Recommended

Hi,

Actually the later part of February would be right @Applsawce.

With the latest Apple macOS 10.15.3 update released yesterday, HP Easy Scan is now working on Catalina, including Scan to Computer.

(assuming such is supported for your printer model)

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi @shlomil,  My issues isn't with scanning.  I can't print at all.  My printer the Samsung Proxpress m4530ND now just prints lines of symbols.  The Catalina update did nothing for me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.