TracyMSto
Level 1
6 4 0 0
Message 181 of 203
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Printer driver for new Mac OS 10.15, Catalina

This does not work for the HP Envy5661 All in One.  Says my printer is offline and cannot print or scan.  This printer is fairly new so I can't believe it won't work.  Very disappointed in HP and I wish I never upgraded to Catalina.

0 Kudos
TracyMSto
Level 1
6 4 0 0
Message 182 of 203
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

As many of us have found, the HP printers are not working with Catalina update. In particular, mine says it is offline when it is not.  Can't get it to work wirelessly.  I have found a workaround that is GREAT!  You can still email your print jobs to your printer and they will print.  This is a good solution until HP updates the driver to be compatible with Catalina.  

0 Kudos
TracyMSto
Level 1
6 4 0 0
Message 183 of 203
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

As many of us have found, the HP printers are not working with Catalina update. In particular, mine says it is offline when it is not.  Can't get it to work wirelessly.  I have found a workaround that is GREAT!  You can still email your print jobs to your printer and they will print.  This is a good solution until HP updates the driver to be compatible with Catalina.  

0 Kudos
maryjaye
Level 2
31 31 0 5
Message 184 of 203
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I blame Apple not HP. I have had problems with my email out going at one point because of Kathleen update it took me three days to figure what they did. Catalina change my port and they uncheck the box in my email was very annoying. Catalina is the culprit. My iPod doesn't work right because the chapters don't show individually anymore when I download books onto it telling is really a mess and I'm telling you Mac is going to lose a lot of business.

0 Kudos
wwinvt
1 1 0 1
Message 185 of 203
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I even went out and bought a new HP printer today that the salesman at Staples said would work. After 4 1/2 hours of set up and being on two separate chats with HP tech supports, the final answer is NO, the printers won't work until HP releases new printer drivers. The he told me it would be about another month. So we are looking at the later part of February! This is totally unacceptable!

maryjaye
Level 2
31 31 0 5
Message 186 of 203
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I agree but I still blame Apple and not feel a packer. I've had nothing but trouble since I've gotten is Catalina. I wrote Apple today and told Apple that I'd be losing a lot of customers including me. I have had three Macs in my life but I will be getting another one.

0 Kudos
DOCJON11
1 1 0 0
Message 187 of 203
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Worked for my OfficePro 8600 and Mac Catalina with HP Smart app

Prior to this unable to scan only print

Thank you

0 Kudos
Applsawce
Level 3
12 9 0 14
Message 188 of 203
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I wouldn't count on the later part of Feb... I've been told a fix would be available within a week or two on 2 separate occasions.... once in Nov and once in Dec

0 Kudos
Level 16
Level 16
26,376 26,100 4,656 10,247
Message 189 of 203
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

Actually the later part of February would be right @Applsawce.

With the latest Apple macOS 10.15.3 update released yesterday, HP Easy Scan is now working on Catalina, including Scan to Computer.

(assuming such is supported for your printer model)

Shlomi

2019_MeetupAward_Signature_FINAL(1).png
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
Applsawce
Level 3
12 9 0 14
Message 190 of 203
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi @shlomil,  My issues isn't with scanning.  I can't print at all.  My printer the Samsung Proxpress m4530ND now just prints lines of symbols.  The Catalina update did nothing for me.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation