Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

For the following printer, it is not currently supported on Catalina but up to 10.14.

Is it installed via USB or through the network?

Try adding it using either AirPrint or any other option shown within the Use drop-down menu after clicking the plus sign under Printers & Scanners.

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks for the tip @Applsawce.

The update tonight for Mac OS Catalina to 10.15.3 worked for me.

I have an HP Envy Photo 7855, and now the problem I was having with scanning to the computer from the scanner bed, using the printer screen, works like it used too before.

As I have said in my paste post on this forum, I have been reading lots of comments and concerns. It appears everyone has different issues, with different printers.  I am not convinced that this was an Apple problem all along. pretty sad though.

good luck to those still struggling with issues!

HP Recommended

hi @ShlomiL or @IronBadger

Will HP Envy 4520 also work on the new MacoOS 10.15.3 Catalina?

HP Recommended

I know I am never ever buying a Mac again. since they updated to Catalina I have had nothing but trouble.

HP Recommended

heloo dear freind

my laptop (HP ENVY 17-ce0014na Laptop 2019 Edition) not reset with power buton!

and when hanged, i cant reset or off laptop

HP Recommended

@jks21 wrote:

hi @ShlomiL or @IronBadger

Will HP Envy 4520 also work on the new MacoOS 10.15.3 Catalina?

Yes, the HP Envy 4520 is fully compatible with Catalina @jks21.

If you experience any issues, be sure to fully update your operating system and install the latest drivers by following HP Easy Start:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Applications/HP_Easy_Start.app.zip

Regards,
Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Ways To Say - Thank You

HP Recommended

Thanks for the tip on updating to the new HP drivers. I can now print to my Officejet 8600 all-in-one. However, there is some weirdness going on as documents with my company's logo (which is a transparent png) are printed out with a square black background. I've compared the printer settings with those on my old MacBook Air running Sierra and I can't see any difference. What's causing this issue?

HP Recommended

I have been unable to use my printer for scanning since the update to Catalina. I have a HP Officejet Pro 8710 that I use for work. It was  purchased in the last 2 years.I have tried using Image Capture but this severely reduces the quality of the scanned document. Has anyone else found a solution for this printer? My officemates have the 8610 and aren't having any issues. I have a newer printer and it does not seem to work with Catalina. 

HP Recommended

Had my Mac running under 10.15.2 with my old "LaserJet Pro 200 color MFP M276nw", everything worked well for years.

Got a new "Color LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw" today, but can't scan with it.

Either "Scanner not available" or "Failed to open a connection to the scanner (-21355)" or "Failed to open a session on the device. (-9921)"

I updated to 10.15.3. Downloaded the "Easy Start" App. It redirects me to downloading the "HP Smart" app. Also installed.

Restarted Mac and Printer various times. Removed and reinstalled the scanner on Mac various times. Doesn't help.

When installing the printer it won't show me any HP specific drivers. Screen enclosed.

Anything I can do to fix it? Hope I won't have to send it back.

Thanks a lot

Ben

Screenshot 2020-02-11 at 18.45.43.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.