Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
printer HP OfficeJet Pro 6978
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I attempt to print a document, I click print, i'm told something west wrong. When I change the printing preferences, I'm told that there is an unexpected configuration problem 0x80010105.

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

@Playgringa, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Try making a standalone copy and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.

Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:

Reset the printer

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  2. Wait at least 60 seconds.
  3. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  4. Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  5. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.

Run HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and fix any driver issue on the PC

Click here to download the file. Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and click on 'Fix printing'.

If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.

Update the printer firmware

Click here to download and install the latest firmware from your computer.

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Check if the print carriage can move freely and if there are any paper jams inside the printer.

Refer to the steps mentioned in this document.

To resolve 0x errors on the printer, refer to the troubleshooting steps in this document.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've been having the same problem at our office, and we can't print off of any of our 3 laptops for the last 6 hours.  Software's have been removed/re-installed, printer plug pulled and re-plugged in.   No success.  Printer is 13 months old so just out of warranty, and no idea why this is happening.  

HP Recommended

Please read my previous post.  This does NOT work!

Thank you for your time.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately your suggested fixes do not work. I have tried to:

x Save as a standalone copy

Reset the printer 

x Run HP Print and Scan Doctor (everything works and info pages print)

x Update the printer firmware (downloaded it but when I try to select my printer to update it, it is not visible in the list)

This issue only started for me today on a Deskjet 3720.

Hoping for a fix very very soon.

HP Recommended

SUCCESS!!!!

This fixed the issue for me.
This is only a Windows 10 issue and was caused by one of two updates.
In the search box (next to "start button") type "view update history" (without the quotes).
Choose "view your update history" settings windows will come up.
Click on "Uninstall updates".
Scroll to the bottom and find Microsoft Windows updates.
Uninstall KB4515871 (do NOT restart yet).
Uninstall KB4524147 Restart computer
All Fixed! Microsoft is aware of the issue and is going to push out an update to fix the issue with the updates.

HP Recommended

Yes, it's a Microsoft Update problem.  As Erikviii mentioned you have to View your Update History and then Uninstall Updates (the most recent ones from just before your problems started!).  It works instantly.  

HP Recommended

@Erikviii

Glad to know you found a solution and the issue is now resolved. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

For your information, installing any available update should resolve a such, MS has just released a new update to resolve this issue yesterday:

Spoiler

Applications and printer drivers that leverage the Windows Javascript engine (jscript.dll) for processing print jobs might experience one or more of the following symptoms:

• Applications interacting with the V4 printer driver might close or error when printing. Issues might only be encountered when printing but might also be encountered at any time the app is running, depending on when the app interacts with the print driver.
  • The printer spooler service (spoolsv.exe) might close or error in jscript.dll with exception code 0xc0000005 causing the print jobs to stop processing. Only part of the print job might print and the rest might be canceled or error.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.