Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet PRO 8600
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Printer is Busy or Printer in use

Error Message:  Printer is busy

Error Message: Printer in use

I am able to print using my Laptop PC and Desktop PC.

I cannot print using my iOS Laptop .

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Acerpalmatum,

Thank you for stopping by the HP forums.  A Good day to you.” Smiley Happy I read the post about not able to print from the printer as you get an error message that the printer is busy. It will be a genuine pleasure to assist you. Smiley Happy

A Stupendous effort, brilliant description and very smart diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you on that score. Smiley Happy  You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you here. I also take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. Smiley Happy

First off, we need to isolate the issue to correctly to being hardware or software related.

For better clarity and to assist you better, I would require more information regarding this.

• Did this happen after a recent update to any app or the operating system?
  • Did you make copies directly from the printer to isolate the issue?
  • Did you try to perform a hard reset on the printer?

Please perform a hard reset first from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Officejet-Pro-8600-e-All-in-One-Printer-series---N9/4322914/m... please perform only step 2 which is a hard reset.

Then try to make a few copies directly from the printer to isolate the issue to not being hardware related. If it copies fine please perform the steps mentioned below:

• Please reset the mac printing system from this link: http://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8710-all-in-one-printer-series/7902014/document...  and add the printer from the steps mentioned in the link. That should do the trick for you.
  •  
  • Please make sure to select the HP printer and not Mac Airprint. Follow these steps.
  • Click the Apple menu icon, and then click System Preferences.
  • 2.) Click Printers and Scanners, Print and Scan, or Print and Fax.
  • 3.) In the Printers list, click your HP printer, and then click the Minus button to delete it.
  • 4.) Click the Add button.
  •  5.) Find, and then select the name of your printer from the Printer list, and then click Add to add your printer. Do not select an HP Fax driver.
  • 6.) Click the Use or Print Using box, and then select the name of your printer.
  • 7.) Avoid the AirPrint driver. Once the correct HP driver is chosen, select Add to add the printer to the list. 8.) Try to print.
  • This should work. Please keep me posted. I will keep a watch for your reply.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Smiley Happy  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. Smiley Happy

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Smiley Happy

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. Smiley Happy

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.