10-10-2019 05:35 PM
My printer was working well on my PC. Then my husband added the printer to his MAC. After he did this, the printer no longer worked on my PC even though printer Icon still appears on my desktop. The printer is successfully connected to our personal network - no problems there. But when I try to "add the printer" to my PC, the printer is not listed. When I select "printer not listed" option on the "add a printer" screen, the printer is not listed there either. Then the "add a printer" screen freezes up and the only way to unfreeze it is through Task Manager. Also, when I try to reload the HP printer software, I get the option to do so. However, when I hit the download button, nothing happens - no download screen either. Any suggestions on how to get the printer back on my PC?
10-13-2019 01:05 PM
@PatCCat, Welcome to HP Support Community!
Use HP Print and Scan Doctor
Download HP Print and Scan Doctor and run the program. It will automatically diagnose and fix any printer connectivity issues.
For more information, go to https://support.hp.com/us-en/topic/printscandoctor
Assign manual IP to the printer-
The steps on how to set a manual IP address can be found here.
I recommend you delete the driver and root level and retry, follow the steps below:
1) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
2) Select your HP Printer
3) Select Uninstall
4) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
5) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
6) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe”
😎 Click on the “Drivers” tab
9) Look for the HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
10) Select Ok
11) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
12) Close Devices and Printers.
Now, download and install the full-featured software from here.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee