Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 6970
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I bought my printer during the first week in January 2017. I have read that the Dynamic Security would(or could) be rolled back (or the option to remove) on printers that  had a manufacture date prior to Dec. 1st, 2016.

The printer was bought at a reputable major department store in the UK. The serial number on the printer indicates that the manufacture date was in Thailand 7th month (July) of 2016.

The software links available for this process do not allow or recognized my HP 6970 printer in order to perform the "update".

Why is this occurring? It states quite clearly that printer manufactured prior to Dec. 1st, 2016 would be allowed this option?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Gillykaboose

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @Gillykaboose

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you. 

The purpose of dynamic security feature is to protect HP’s innovations and intellectual property, maintain the integrity of our printing systems, ensure the best customer printing experience, and protect customers from counterfeit and third-party ink cartridges that do not contain an original HP security chip and infringe HP's intellectual property.

HP Officejet Pro 6970, 7740, 8210, 8700, Officejet 6950, PageWide 300, 400, and 500 printers: this update disables dynamic security for printers manufactured before December 1, 2016. For printers manufactured on December 1, 2016 or later, dynamic security remains functional with this update.

You may try updating the printer firmware from your PC, click here

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

For more info, refer to this document.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Kumar0307,

I forwarded this email on January 14th,

Best regards

Sent: 14-Jan-20 4:51 PM
To: 'HP Support Community'
Subject: RE: Kumar0307 mentioned you in HP Support Community

Hello Kumar0307,

Thank you for your email.

I have tried this method but when I download it is not available for my printer, implying that my printer was manufactured after December 1st, 2016.

Best regards,

Hendrikus v. Bilsen

HP Recommended

@Gillykaboose

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

After much delay re: Private message was received and the printer now works ..thank you...

HP Recommended

@Gillykaboose

Glad to know that the issue is now resolved. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Spoke too soon,..... after writing the previous message stating that everything was fine, the printer reverted back to the same problem that prompted my original message .... not impressed. 

HP Recommended

@Gillykaboose,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.