Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 6970
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am having trouble with the connection for printing/scanning to my computer.

Whatever i try the unit can not be found.

I have tried:

Turning pc and printer off/on

Installed new software

Checked that both devices are on the same network

Typing in the IP and hostname from the printer

Help..

EB

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Bjorkebil,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with connecting your HP OfficeJet Pro 6970 All-in-One Printer to the network.

This issue could occur if the wireless setup is not correct.

Let's go through a few steps to troubleshoot this issue.

First, you need to restore the network to defaults on the printer and then connect it to the network.

To restore network defaults:

1. From the printer control panel, touch or swipe down the tab at the top of the screen to open the Dashboard, and then touch ( Setup ).

2. Touch Network Setup.

3. Touch Restore Network Settings. A message appears stating that the network defaults will be restored.

4. Touch Yes.

5. Print the network configuration page and verify that the network settings have been reset.

Now you may follow the steps in the links below depending how it is connected to the network(wired or wireless):

1. Wireless Printer Setup

2. Wired Network Printer Setup (Windows)

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.