Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 7 (1,852 Views)

Printer not working with MacOS High Sierra / iOS 11

Product Name: HP ENVY 5540
Operating System: macOS 10.12 Sierra

Hi,

My printer stopped working when I updated my Mac to High Sierra, and also my iPad and iPhone stopped working with the printer when I updated to iOS 11.

Are there updates from HP coming soon to resolve this issue? When will this mishap be fixed?

There are a tremdnous amount of complaints of these HP products, both here on this fourm and on Apple's Web site regarding this issue.

Thanks,

Joseph

Grad Student
Message 2 of 7 (1,756 Views)

Re: Printer not working with MacOS High Sierra / iOS 11

[ Edited ]

Hello Joey,

As for the ipad and iphone using  Mac, iOS 11, it  is so recent ( (since OS 11 just came out on 09-19; Beta in June) that  I doubt that HP has updated the printer.  So try downloading on those devices periodically until it does.    

For the Mac using  iOS 10.13 High Sierra  try to download/install again.  Let me know if success (or not).

Here's an Apple link:    HP Printer Drivers v5.0 for OS X

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1888?locale=en_US

Here is the HP Support link:     Click Software and Drivers > go > download.  It should find your Mac.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-5660-e-all-in-one-printer-series/6809225/model/6809226/...

Also, you could try 123.HP. com on your phone device to see what printer software version it downloads onto each device, individually.  

Good luck.  I dont use any Mac thingys.  I am not an HP employee.

Top Student
Message 3 of 7 (1,538 Views)

That did not work... AT ALL.

Is there anyone from actual HP techincal support on this fourm that can confirm when they will issue printers their proper updates so that their products can run on High Sierra and iOS 11?

Thanks,

Joe

Intern
Message 4 of 7 (1,438 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I suggests to try this link below:

https://123.hp.com/us/en/devices/envy5540

Click download button. Lauch the HP Easy Start app and start to install. Hope this helps.

Although I work for HP. I'm speaking for myself and not on behalf of HP.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
Top Student
Message 5 of 7 (1,245 Views)

Having the same issue here with an Envy printer.

I have tried all the usual remedies but no luck.

There are also people reporting the same issue on the Apple website for other printers which would suggest that it is an iOS issue. I'm running the next beta of iOS11 and it hasn't fixed the issue.

Honor Student
Message 6 of 7 (343 Views)

Re: Printer not working with MacOS High Sierra / iOS 11 Deskjet 3520

JoeyG86 wrote:

Hi,

My printer stopped working when I updated my Mac to High Sierra, and also my iPad and iPhone stopped working with the printer when I updated to iOS 11.

Are there updates from HP coming soon to resolve this issue? When will this mishap be fixed?

There are a tremdnous amount of complaints of these HP products, both here on this fourm and on Apple's Web site regarding this issue.

Thanks,

Joseph

Intern
Message 7 of 7 (336 Views)

Re: Printer not working with MacOS High Sierra / iOS 11 Deskjet 3520

Hi JoeyG68,

I suggest that you re-install your printer driver for your Mac machine. You can go to https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers search for you printer and download the installer HP easy Start.app. Launch the application and follow each pages.

Let me know if this works.

Hope this helps.

Although I work for HP. I'm speaking for myself and not on behalf of HP.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation