Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Printer
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I have an HP Envy Photo 7100 All in one printer.It used to print fine. 

The printer now only shows as offline and I can't print from my MAC. 

I can print from an iPad or phone to the printer using the HP App. Why does it show as offline from the MAC PC? I have uninstalled it and tried to start again but it just keeps saying offline.

Any tips are much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Thanks for your return,

Please 
restart the printer, computer, and router for solve this problem.
  1. Turn the printer off, and then wait 10 seconds.
  2. Disconnect the printer power cord from the printer.
  3. Turn off the computer or the device you are trying to print from.
  4. Connect the printer power cord to the printer, and then turn on the printer.
  5. Disconnect the power cord from your wireless router, and then wait 30 seconds.
  6. Reconnect the power cord to the router.
    NOTE: Wait until internet service is restored. Internet service is interrupted while the router is off.
  7. Wait at least 3 minutes, then turn on the computer.
  8. Try to print and try to access the printer's Embedded Web Server (EWS).

I remain at your disposal in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@JackieGrey 

Hello,

In order to palliate this incident, please proceed as follows:

1. On the front panel of the printer, press the Wireless icon to retrieve the IP address of the printer.
  2. Launch a web page and then type this address in the address bar and Enter.
  3. Click the Network tab, then under Advanced Settings, and then Bonjour.
  4. In the Bonjour Service Name field, change the number in two brackets to Network. (already done)
  5. Choose 9100 Printing for Bonjour Highest Priority Service, then click Apply and then on OK.
  6. Delete and then add the printer from the Printer & Scanners window.
  7. Try to print and Scan.

In case of need, do not hesitate to contact us.

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

I have the printer IP address but when I type it into the web browser nothing happens. 
I have tried using. safari and Chrome. 
Do you need any prefix or do I just type in the IP starting with 192 straight into the web address field? 
I get a message saying server where the page is located isn’t responding 

HP Recommended
Thanks for your return,

Please 
restart the printer, computer, and router for solve this problem.
  1. Turn the printer off, and then wait 10 seconds.
  2. Disconnect the printer power cord from the printer.
  3. Turn off the computer or the device you are trying to print from.
  4. Connect the printer power cord to the printer, and then turn on the printer.
  5. Disconnect the power cord from your wireless router, and then wait 30 seconds.
  6. Reconnect the power cord to the router.
    NOTE: Wait until internet service is restored. Internet service is interrupted while the router is off.
  7. Wait at least 3 minutes, then turn on the computer.
  8. Try to print and try to access the printer's Embedded Web Server (EWS).

I remain at your disposal in case of need.

HP Recommended

Thanks it’s working now 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.