Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp officejet pro 6960
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
My printer prints blank pages. I installed new cartridges (hp made) and printer prints only blank pages. The computer is connected properly and printer makes sounds as if its printing. What can be the problem? thank you
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Can you please print a print quality diagnostic page straight from the printer to see if the printer does actualy print something or its a software issue. 

A Print Quality Diagnostic Page helps identify the source of print quality issues.
  1. Load plain white paper in the input tray.
  2. From the home screen on the printer control panel, swipe down to open the Dashboard, and then touch the Setup icon .
  3. Swipe up on the display, touch Reports, and then touch Print Quality Report.
    A Print Quality Diagnostic Page prints.

Just a electronics enthusiast trying to fix everything.
If this reply was helpful, click on the "yes" below to let others know. 🙂
If i solved your problem, please mark your thread solved:)

HP Recommended

I tried to print a quality diagnostic page. A blank page came out of the printer. Ill say again that the printer makes sounds as if its printing but the page still comes out blank. (the caritiges are in place correctly).
Ill be happy if you can solve this problem.. I tried diffrent things and nothing helped.

Thank you

HP Recommended

Are the inks you're using genuine? HP made or replacement? Try cleaning the print head from the menu 

HP Recommended

They are genuine. I bought the inks that are suggested by the printer details (Written also next to the ink's place in the printer).
I tried cleaning the print head plus alingment..
Any other ideas?
I hope I can solve it..
Thank you

HP Recommended

Everything points to a dead printhead. 

Contact the local HP repair place 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.