Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have a new HP Pavilion laptop with Windows 10 and an older HP Photosmart B110 series. Everytime I print I get two copies with about a 20 minute delay between each copy. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the printer but this does not resolve the problem.  I don't get any error message. Can anyone help please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi! @Aargh1, Welcome to HP forums

I understand your printer is printing everything twice.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Does the issue persist when you make a copy from your printer?

Have you tried printing from a different application?

Please try the steps recommended below.

On your PC search control panel, open control panel, Select printer properties, Select the "number of copies" it must be set to 2 change it to 1 and check if it helps.

Also, Right click your HP printer icon in devices and printer -> select Printer Properties -> select Ports -> uncheck 'enable bidirectional support'. -> APPLY

If the issue still persists uninstall the printer software from your PC and install the latest printer drivers.

Please update the printer drivers using this link.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a beautiful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi! @Aargh1, Welcome to HP forums

I understand your printer is printing everything twice.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Does the issue persist when you make a copy from your printer?

Have you tried printing from a different application?

Please try the steps recommended below.

On your PC search control panel, open control panel, Select printer properties, Select the "number of copies" it must be set to 2 change it to 1 and check if it helps.

Also, Right click your HP printer icon in devices and printer -> select Printer Properties -> select Ports -> uncheck 'enable bidirectional support'. -> APPLY

If the issue still persists uninstall the printer software from your PC and install the latest printer drivers.

Please update the printer drivers using this link.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a beautiful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Deinstalling and reinstalling the print drivers via the link you sent worked. Thanks so much!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.