09-12-2019 08:50 AM
The printer will. not print because of a paper j;am. I opened the printer and determined there is no paper jam. Trying to print again gives me a message of "printer is in error status,"with no further information. I have no idea what to do.
09-16-2019 08:18 AM
@rocker1942, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Check and verify there are no foreign objects/papers stuck inside the printer.
Refer to the steps mentioned in this document.
Now, try making a standalone copy and check if that works.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee