Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp6700 all in one printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My printer states there is a printer jam  I have done everything it states for 2 days   nothing  Can anyone advise  - is this broken for good

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Ryleecakes

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Dust, paper fiber, and other debris might accumulate on the paper feed rollers and cause paper jams and paper feed issues. Clean the rollers inside the printer, and then try to print again.

1. Turn off the printer, and then disconnect the power cord.

WARNING: 

Disconnect the power cord before reaching inside the printer to avoid risk of injuries or electric shock.

2. Press the two buttons at the ends of the duplexer, and then pull the duplexer towards you to remove it.

Image: Remove the duplexer.

3. Lightly dampen a lint-free cloth with distilled water, and then squeeze any excess liquid from the cloth.

4. Press the cloth against the rollers inside the printer, and then rotate them upward with your fingers. Apply a moderate amount of pressure to remove any dust or dirt buildup.

Image: Clean the rollers

5. Lightly dampen another lint-free cloth with distilled water, and then squeeze any excess liquid from the cloth.

6. Press the cloth against the external rollers, and then rotate them upward with your fingers. Apply a moderate amount of pressure to remove any dust or dirt buildup.

Image: Duplexer external rollers.

7. Press down on the two tabs at the ends of the duplexer to open the duplexer cover.

Image: Press the tabs to open the duplexer.

8. Clean the rollers inside the duplexer the same way that you cleaned the other rollers.

Image: Duplexer internal rollers.

9. Allow the rollers to dry completely (approximately 10 minutes).

10. Close the duplexer cover.

11. Gently push the duplexer into the printer until it snaps firmly into place. Do not press the buttons on the end of the duplexer while you reattach it.

Image: Reattach the duplexer.

12. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer, and then turn on the printer.

Try to print.

If the issue persists, please perform the remaining steps from this document: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-officejet-6700-premium-e-all-in-one-printer-series-h711/4322...

If the issue still persists, I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team as this could be a hardware issue.

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.